There’s No Ham in Hamburgers is stuffed full of curriculum tie-ins. To find out all the ways it can be used in the classroom, check out these guides.
Those curriculum tie-ins also make for fun, engaging, and educational author presentations. I’m scheduling author visits for the 2022-2023 school year now.
Learn more about my presentations here: Author Visit Information
Fun Food STEM
- Five Simple Science Experiments on Cookie Ingredients from the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture.
- American Chemical Society asks you to “Eat Chocolate in the Name of Science”
- Science News for Students offers fun “Cookie Science”
- Tater Science
- American Heart Association’s “Making the Most of the Nutrition Facts Label” is a hotbed of potential math problems.
- Density and Buoyancy experiment using a ketchup packet from American Chemistry.com.